Sure enough my mom and brother bring the bird over still sitting in its nest attached to pieces of the branch. I cut a box and make a little perch. That night I feed it a few times with the dropper and go to sleep. The next morning around 8am I'm awoken to a little chirp chirp chirp. The baby was obviously hungry opening and closing its beak. I gave it a few more droppers of nectar. My mom did some more research and found that hummingbirds have almost no sense of smell so handling the baby would not let it be rejected. Long story short, she brought the bird back to her house. Placed its little nest on a bush near the birch tree, and sure enough the sound of hummingbirds were loud. Off and on throughout the late morning she checked on the bird. Finally a little afternoon the bird took flight and flew to the fence! Crazy that it never once flew in our house. Maybe it was learning to fly and did not even fall out of the nest? We'll never know? We enjoyed having the baby bird in our care for one day. We are definitely not getting another pet anytime soon. Oh and we named the bird "Henrietta".
MacKenzie & Travis are Engaged! {Old Sugar Mill}..
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment