Blogger Backgrounds
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Another year at Celebrate America...

The past three years our church has put on a production at Shoreline Amphitheatre for the 4th of July, called Celebrate America. Its a free event that attracts 11,000-15,000 people! It has so many fun things to do, here's a few i can list: Military exhibit, Rock Climbing, Petting Zoo, A Bungee Jump Sling, kiddie area for younger children, Mechanical Bull Riding, Fireworks, Car Show, Musical Production, A Skate Park, Video Games.... tons of food...

They honored "GOLD STAR" families, those who lost a family member while in battle. I must say, my heart broke for all those mom's, wearing their child's picture on their clothing.... It truly is amazing how many people sacrifice their own life for the freedom of our land.
This is a picture of one of the Gold Star mom's, sporting his son on her vest. So sad.

Anyways, the past few years David was apart of it dressed in his Blues (see pics below)
This first picture was July 2008 (i was pregnant with Colie)
This was July 2009... as you see we have our little family :)



Well, This year David wears another uniform, he wasn't sure what his work schedule would be for work, so he couldn't commit to being apart of it this year. Which was kinda a bummer, but I went ahead and went with Colie. David ended up going shark fishing with our brother in law Dusty. I must say the production was amazing! My grandpa sang an amazing song, if you haven't had the chance to hear him sing, your missing out BIG TIME... (I'll post a picture), my sister in law Laura also sang an awesome song, this girl can SING.... I'll attach video of her singing. The night ended with Fireworks and it was beautiful!


Grandpa Ferrante, you can see him on the bottom left side and then again on the big screen!



Here's one of the little videos of Laura singing...

Here is Colie watching the fireworks light the sky

In our box, me, Tiffany and Colie, Colie was holding her USMC flag and I wore the USMC hat to represent our favorite Military branch!
I'm proud to be an American! God Bless America!!!
Now, Cheer's to a HAPPY 4th OF JULY! This is my FAVORITE holiday of the year for those who didn't know. We'll be spending our day poolside with the BBQ going at David's parents house.

No comments:

Post a Comment